WordPress: How to Uninstall a Theme
How to Uninstall a WordPress Theme Using the WordPress Dashboard
Important: You cannot uninstall the Active theme that your website is currently using. To uninstall your Active theme, you will first need to activate a different theme.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Appearance.
- Go to Themes.
- Click on the theme you want to remove.
- Click Delete in the popup that appears.
Accidentally Uninstalled the Wrong WordPress Theme
If you have a backup of your WordPress website (database + files) which contains the theme you accidentally deleted, uploading the backup will restore your theme along with all of its settings.
If you do not have a backup of your WordPress website, you will need to reinstall a fresh version of that theme and reconfigure it with your desired settings.
Important: We recommend that you do not remove the default WordPress theme.
How to Uninstall a WordPress Theme Using File Manager
Important: If you use File Manager to uninstall your active site theme, WordPress will try to revert back to its default theme. If the default theme does not exist, your site may go down.
- Log in to your EntryHost Control Panel.
- Go to File Manager.
- Locate the directory where your WordPress site is installed.
- Locate the /wp-content/themes directory folder.
- Rename or Delete the folder containing the theme you want to uninstall.
Want to learn more about WordPress
||WordPress: Tutorial Videos To help you easily grasp the basics of creating a WordPress website, EntryHost has created several free tutorial videos. These videos were designed to be followed in order, but you are welcome to view whichever one best suites your needs.|